Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sorry for the lack of updates

I've been busy with work and to be honest I've just been too lazy to get around to updating this more often. As an update, I did pretty well in math and am currently awaiting my physics grade. The mean on the final was a 48 which is pretty low and leaves me feeling ok about maintaining my grade even though I didn't do stellar on it. Speaking of stellar, my project at lbl is going well. I'm a little stuck now but that's fine. I'm also getting paid 12.80 an hour to work up there which is just icing on the cake since I need to be doing this research anyway. I also had jury duty today and yesterday but thankfully got out of it. They never even asked me a question and I sat there for 2 days! Oh well I think I'll get $15 for it. I was mainly upset because the judge kept taking these huge breaks. If we had just gotten down to it, I could have been out of there in one day. I'm glad I didn't get picked because the case as especially boring about some homeowners whining about their architect. This is not the kind of thing juries should be for. These people are inconveniencing how many people just because they can't settle a squabble. This is the kind of thing a judge should do. O well. That's all for now. I have to go find some kind of dinner. Maybe I'll try chinese. The thing I hate about my current schedule is that I get off work at 6 and the last thing I want to do is anything but I have to go and eat quick if I hope to go running before it gets pitch dark and unfortunately until the days get a little longer I can't really do that. I could go running in the dark but I don't feel comfortable doing that. Berkeley isn't the friendliest place at night, so now I'm trying to figure something out. I can still do weights but I need to go running. I do go walking though. I can do that with a full stomach. I already learned the hard way I need like 2hours between eating and running. I got an ipod shuffle from Mel's dad because he had an extra one. It's pretty cool but it takes some getting used to. It's unbelievable light. It's like it has no weight at all. Also Mel had a birthday on sunday and on saturday night me and her parents went out to the thai place. Nothing else new except me being lazy. You shouldn't complain about me not updating this site, you don't know what it means for me to not update. ;) Prior to a few months ago I think I went 4 years without updating my Rexum page. (and people used to actually read that!) oh well I'm updating that again, although not at the rate I was hoping to (once a week with a vignette about some odd subject or another and a short description of a nation). We'll see. If I get some more time this week I might just meet my quota. That's all for now.

No comments: