Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Working Day

Today I did my last homework sets for math and physics and ironically after 3 semesters of webassign on this my last assignment using that crappy service there was a bizarre error that I had to send a report to my head ta about. Oh well, worst case scenario, I lose one point. I'm just preparing for finals right now. I spent a few hours working on my lbl project today. I think this summer will be a lot of fun. I've gotten a lot of the unexciting part out of the way. Now I'm just preparing for finals. Unfortunately today I heard that my math final might be multiple choice. That is terrible. What that translates to is easy mistakes, no partial credit, and a baseline curve score of 25% that screw up the curve. People will get points when not knowing the material and many will not recieve them when they do. I know that its 350 people but c'mon don't be that lazy. It's really terrible for the students and to be honest that's what the GSI's are paid for. I know its pennies on the hour but this is just going to translate to a very stressful test for me.... Also I have to decide which review session to go math or physics since they are both going to be on thursday. I can go to physics for its 2 hours and then do the last 2 hours of the math one but then I will miss the most important stuff. I don't know, I feel better about physics but then again physics is my major and is more important so I don't know. Plus if it is going to be multiple choice I'm going to have to study even more... I heard today that the physics test will have one problem on optics, one on relativity and 4 on quantum. That sounds ok, but quantum problems can be brutal. Probably there will be an alpha decay problem, a 3d infinite square well, some basic thing about Schroedingers (maybe a derivation), and maybe something heisenburg uncertainty principle related. It's going to be 6 questions choose 5 which is good because the midterms were 5 choose 4 and we get an extra hour for the final. That means we had 30 minutes a problem before and now we get 42 minutes a problem. That may not sound like a lot but that is a 40% increase. That's a lot. Oh well that's all for now. Time for me to actually relax. Just so you know, I wrote this post very quickly because I'm feeling kinda hyper. I didn't go running today because I had way too much other work to do. I also trying cooking today for the second time. It went better but not great. I think in 50 years I'll figure it out...

No comments: