Tuesday, March 20, 2007

49ers Sign New Free Agent



It's moves like this that makes me glad I'm an astronomer (the term for fans of the Frankfurt Galaxy for all you ignoramuses out there). I would normally ignore moves by a team in a "B" league like the NFL, but I had to take notice because I feel this could be a huge mistake. While I agreed with the signing of Nate Clements as a CB even though he became the highest paid defensive player and history and even though modern pass interference rules render the idea of a shut down corner extinct, I just had to take arms against their newest and most expensive acquisition. He is the first player from the second best NFL leage (after NFL Europa), NFL U.R.A.M. (Pictured Right)


I mean just look at his holding of the ball, that needs more work than Tiki Barber did. Also he wasn't signed to any particular position and that has me worried cuz this guy doesn't look like a Zarnall Fitch to me. Also I'm not quite exactly sure how his helmet is on. It doesn't quite make sense to me.

It was especially disturbing considering how incredibly injury prone this new player is. To the left is a picture that was taken after his first day of workouts with the 49ers. Oy! This could be a long season. But on the other hand, this could be the start of something special, like the emergence of many African American stars in the NFL. Sounds crazy, but it just might happen.











3 comments:

Machiavelli said...

(magnifique! This is the kind of material I expect to find on this site)

Well, I think he could be good. I saw some of his games in NFL URAM and he did pretty well. He won both the croissant and the brownie category...by the way, the rules for NFL URAM are very confusing. Honestly, I think the Galaxy didn't pick him up because he's African...those Frankfurters are so racist. Hopefully he can fill it at right tackle.

Machiavelli said...

I just read an interview with him and I don't know if I like his attitude...let's just say he might wear number 81:

"Chris Collinsworth: So, how do you think you're going to fit into the NFL? Do you think you can comp--

Pilsbury: Shut up! I am so amazing. This one time I scored like 70 touch things...

Collinsworth: you mean touchdowns?

Pilsbury: Shut up! All these San Francisco players are sooooooo gay. This one guy keeps trying to jump on top of me.

Collinsworth: Was he a defensive player?

Pilsbury: What are you talking about? Also, they put me in charge of the draft...let's just say that you can't have to many kickers...to be safe I'm thinking of trading all our picks for the next 5 years to get the top 10 kickers in this year's draft...I've spent a lot of time evaluating them-

Collinsworth: Really?

Pilsbury: Yeah. This one guy can do like 20 jumping jacks while taking only like three breaks. He'll be the first pick. He's from the University of James Leech Elementary School. He has a lot of potential."

and so forth.

Tiffani-Marie said...

whats URAM? And when can we go see them work out. He looks so dreamy and reminds me of fresh baked cookies...