Tuesday, April 17, 2007

49ers Draft


After much deliberation I have come up with what I consider an ideal 49ers draft class. This is just a preliminary list, expect some changes.

Round 1:
Patrick Willis ILB
He is the kind of game changing, sideline to sideline player that we need to step up in a few years and shake this defense into something to be feared.

Round 2:
Sidney Rice WR
We need a wide receiver more than a lot of people need their insulin and I feel that he could easily become our go to guy (my second choice would be Gonzalez although I see him as a possession type receiver which is just fine but not what I feel Rice could become)

*Bonus Pick*
With 10 picks, we have to be able to pick up an early extra 2nd round pick here and I would use it for to take any of the following players in order (I recognize several of these may be taken in the first) :

Anthony Spencer DE
Ben Grubbs OG
Justin Harrell DT

3rd Round:
Alama-Francis, DE
What we need is a pass rush. And this man could do it for us.

(*Use other pick in 2nd round trade, possibly with Smiley/Harris involved*)

4th Round:
Higgens, WR
4.29, wow

Use the rest to grab some depth/use in 2nd round trade

Zak De Ossie, LB
Doug Free, OT / Andy Alleman, OG
Michael Johnson, S

Maybe grab a falling CB:
Daymeion Hughes
Eric Wright

Grab a backup TE

Later Rounds

Battle RB, Houston
Could spell Gore and give us a solid back up at a bargain.

Jermon Bushrod, OT

Ray McDonald, DE



No comments: