Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One Million Dollars...

So while David is out trying to get his million dollars someone at the office got his today. Down the hall from me (two rooms to be exact) a man named Saul Perlmutter won the Shaw Prize (the chinese equivalent of the Nobel Prize) that along with prestige comes with a million dollar prize. Not to shabby eh? He's in line to probably win a Nobel Prize also in the next few years since his work in discovering the accelerating expansion of the Universe was so groundbreaking. Excellent work Saul! Today we even had a little party to celebrate. It was all quite nice. Today I also met a grad student from Harvard who was visiting to work on some stuff. It was all in all a pretty good day. I just wish I could finally get my white dwarf project to work ::sighs:: oh well. If not, then I can always work on something else... and maybe win my million dollars....

No comments: