Tuesday, March 14, 2006

An Embarrassing Meeting

So today I went up to the lab and met with my mentor. I was really embarrassed because I looked like I didn't know how to do anything because I didn't know how to log in. I knew how to everything else, just not that because with my ssh, I login completely differently. Also I didn't know how to use this obscure program as well as he did (which he wrote!!!). Also this student of his from his last apprenticeship was there and asked me about my project and then asked me how I was planning to do it. I'm no good in front of people I don't know and I also hadn't gone through the effort of putting it into words (which isn't the easiest thing in the world). All in all, it took me about 5 minutes of stumbling in front of this stranger and my mentor that I don't know too well to say anything. I felt really bad and the guy probably thinks I'm an idiot. Oh well. It was probably the most embarrassing moment for me in the last few years (since guildenstern). I just came off as a complete idiot. Oh well. I know I'm smart, I just keep telling myself that and I hope that I can impress him with my work when I'm done. At least I don't have to combat any high expectations. You know how I am though, I keep going over this over in my head...
Also I forgot to tell my dad happy birthday which was more of a function of the fact that I don't know what day it is than me forgetting what day his birthday was. Oh well. It just fits right in with my day so far.

Mood: embarrassed
Soundtrack: None

No comments: