Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hectic Week

So I've been working on my Final Project for my Physics Lab Class and that has taken up just about all of my time. Sorry about that.

In other news, it looks like the 49ers finally have some a full team with even a little depth with the following Quality reasonable to be starting players:

6 linebackers[Willis, Smith, J. Moore, B. Moore, Lawson, Banta-Cain]

4 Cornerbacks [Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown]

3 Safeties [Roman, K. Lewis, M. Lewis]

2.5 Defensive Linemen [Young, McDonald, Franklin] (Young counts as a half because he's so old, see picture to the right)

5 Offensive linemen [Jennings, Allen, Staley, Smiley, Snyder]

.75 RB [Gore] Too injury Prone to be considered safe with no real backup. Breathtaking as long as he stays healthy

1.5 QB [Alex Smith, Dilfer]

1 TE [Vernon Davis]

4 recievers [Lelie, Jackson, Battle, Hill]

1 FB [Norris]

2 Sp Teams [Nedney, Lee]

This is a SOLID starting group with plenty of room for rotations in the Linebacker and Reciever positions. The 49ers have the best secondary they've had in a decade and it looks like they could have a serious chance of winning the most competitive division in the West and in the NFC, the NFC West...

P.S. Has anyone grabbed David Ball yet?

P.P.S. Who is returning kicks for us? That I think is our current worst position and could end up biting us in the end.

3 comments:

Machiavelli said...

Brandon Williams returned kicks for the 9ers last year.

David Ball is a Chicago Bear.

A few points:

-Under LB, who is J. Moore? You also forgot Ulbrich.

-OL: You forgot Heitman and Bass.

-I'd give Gore a 1 b/c even though he's injured, he would be a superstar (not just a starter) on any team, except maybe the Chiefs or Chargers.

Machiavelli said...

when I said Gore's injured, I meant injury prone...hope I didn't scare anybody.

Robert said...

Thanks for the info on Ball.

In response J. Moore is Jay Moore, the recently drafted Nebraska DE turned OLB.

Ulbrich will be lucky to have a #2 spot on the 9ers and hence will not be listed as a viable starter on another team.

I honestly don't know enough about Heitman and Bass to say they are good enough to warrant being called a viable starter on another team.

I just can't count him as a full starter because I think there is a less than 3/4 chance he makes it through the season.